The Permit Department regulates all building and construction in Putnam County to provide for the safety, health and welfare of all citizens. The Department is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the International Building Codes (IBC) and processing of permits and inspections of buildings within Putnam County.
Building Permits & Inspections:
- It shall be unlawful for any building to be located, erected, moved, expanded or structually altered for a cost in excess of $1000.00 unless a permit is specifically required herein without obtaining a building permit issued by the planning and development department.
- Permit types issued: Building, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, land disturbance, and logging.
- We require these forms to be filled out completely and submitted with all required documentation listed on permit requirement sheet. Incomplete permits will not be processed and will be returned to owner/agent.
- Fees are listed on fee schedule.
- We accept cash, check, or credit card payments.
- Inspections can be submitted by email, fax or by calling them in.
- Inspections must be called in by 5:00 pm the previous day and inspections sent by email must be received by 8:00 am to be included in same day schedule. After 8:00 am all inspection requests will be scheduled for the following day.
|Ralph Pulliam, Building Inspector
117 Putnam Drive, Suite B, Eatonton, GA 31024
Phone: (706) 485-2776 - Fax: (706) 485-0552
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm (except holidays)